Friday, August 11, 2017

Riding Wisconsin - Blue Mounds State Park

I've been having fun going to places I used to ride to regularly. 

I'll never forget this spot because on my first ride with Curt G. the gate guard took exception to how my park sticker was mounted. He confiscated it and wanted me to pay another $25. He should have given me a replacement sticker and had me mount it the way he wanted, but we ended up in an argument. Meanwhile Curt quietly paid for two day passes. It's not my nature to get that riled up and it's a wonder Curt went on to ride many thousands of miles with me. I now have the sticker mounted on a plate below my license plate. It seems to make everyone happy.

The main attraction of this park is the twin lookout towers, one on each end of the "Mound". Nice view and it's always cool up there.

This ride was with Gene. I tried to pick up a couple of cinnamon rolls for a snack but all I could find was a 4-pack. Oh, darn.


Picnic area with a serious view!

Cinnamon rolls going, going . . .

One of the look out towers

Stunning view (not of Gene)

I think it's that way?




No comments: