Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lighting

As a result of the turkey debacle, the aux light bar was damaged beyond repair.  I attempted to straighten it out without success as did my neighbor Luke, even with his considerable resources. 
Unfortunately I can't find an exact  replacement. Thanks to Tony @ Cycle Nutz and Denver BMW for new mounting solutions.  The big 16 watt lights are mounted at the turn signal brackets, about even with the headlight. They're not as rigid as I'm used to, especially with the heavier lights. 
The little 10 watt Denali's are mounted pretty much where they were before and turned out for more side illumination.  I installed the lenses with the most diffusion and also aimed them a bit high so they brighten the road ahead in curves.  At least that's the theory!  I've only had 10 miles of night riding to test all this stuff so stay tuned for my reality adjustment.  Headed to NC for several weeks of riding where I always stay out later than I intend to, so maybe the lights will get a workout.
Added  power to the Pelican top box for keeping some things charged.

No comments: